5th Annual Running
24 Hour • 12 Hour • 6 Hour
• USATF Certified 1.5867 km loop course
• ChampionChip lap counting & timing
• Gently illuminated course at night
• Lots of food & support
• Mid-race countdown to 2013!
Morganton, North Carolina
December 31, 2012 - January 1, 2013
New Year's Ultra Run
The 2012-2013 Freedom Park New Year's Ultra Run is a 24 Hour timed run held annually at Freedom Park in Morganton, North Carolina. Shorter time options - 12 hour and 6 hour - are also available for the slightly less ambitious.
The Freedom Park course is a smooth asphalt path that rolls gently around the perimeter of the course. The course measures 1,586.7 meters, varies 19 feet in elevation (from high to low), and is USA Track & Field certified.
Enjoy a bounty of food (hot & cold), course support, and comraderie in a quiet country setting, and ring in the New Year with runners joining us from across the U.S.A. We can't think of a better way to close out 2012 and welcome in 2013. We hope you will, too.
Online registration & downloadable paper entry form available here
• General Information page
• Results 08-09, 09-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13
• Who's Coming?
• CLICK HERE for full- and half-marathon details
• CLICK HERE for 2012 full- and half-marathon results
Click HERE for the 2011/2012 race recap!
Click HERE for the 10:00am marathon & half marathon options!